Holidays are coming with many occasions ahead. Friends and families will get together and crave some snacks. You may want to surprise them with some tasty uncommon food to eat. Here are two such recipes that will help you fill up your taste buds. These are Rice cake and Orange Tea.
Sweet Things: Rice cake and Orange tea Recipe
Rice is a very common item for Asians especially for the people of Bangladesh, India but it gives more energy to work. Though rice seems like something very plain as a food, it is sometimes magical when used in making desserts or snacks. Moreover, orange iced tea will add more taste to these amazing rice snacks. Dive into the recipes below, prepare the food, and let others taste your special homemade snacks. This Rice Cake is locally known as “Bhapa Pitha”. It is made mainly winter season with Sugar Cane Juice.
- Rice flour – 2 Cups
- Lukewarm water – 3/4th Cup
- Grated coconut – As much as you need
- Some salt to taste
- Crushed jaggery
You need to follow three steps of the procedure to make this cake.
1. Prepare cake cloth:
- Take water in a separate bowl and soak the cake cloth used to make the cake. It is a soft square shaped thin cotton cloth.
- Repeat this each time you make the cake.
- Squeeze the excess water before using the cloth.
- This step helps the flour mix to not stick to the cake cloth.
2. Flour mixture:
- Take a bowl and take rice flour with some salt in it.
- Add water in little amounts at a time to dampen the flour. Make sure not to add much water so that it turns into dough. The flour only needs to damp.
- Mix it well so all flour is moisture.
- Keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the flour with a strainer into another bowl and set it aside.
3. Steaming direction:
- Fill 1/4th of a large saucepan with water and cover it with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Make few holes at the center of the foil.
- Cover the pan with lid and start boiling the water at medium heat.
- Use any plastic cup to make your rice cake.
- Fill the base of the cup with mixed flour then add a layer of crushed jaggery and grated coconut in between, then fill another layer of the flour.
- Press the cake mix with hands to fit in the cup. It will help in setting the shape.
- When the water is boiling, cover the cup with damp cake cloth,
- Carefully flip over the cup and place it on top of the holes on the foil.
- Close the lid of the pan and let it steam cook for 5 minutes.
- When done, carefully place the cake on a plate unfolding the cake cloth. Repeat the same for next one.
To prepare orange tea you may need its peel or its juice. Orange iced tea is perfect to combine with rice cakes and create a heavenly taste.
- Boiled water – 150 ml
- Red tea leaves – 2 teaspoons
- Orange peel (Dried) – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar or honey as needed
- Boil the water.
- When the water is boiling, add the tea leaves and orange peels into it and keep it for 5 minutes. If you keep more than that, the tea may taste bitter.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Strain the tea into the glass.
- Add honey or sugar as needed and mix well.
- Add ice cubes.
Do not miss testing Rice cake and Orange Tea.
Enjoy your evening snacks with rice cake and orange tea.